Monday, May 19, 2008

Movie Catch Up

Between free movies in First Class and Netflix I have watched several movies lately:

August Rush - I was pleasantly surprised by this. The script and overall plot weren't very cohesive but the music was fantastic. The actors themselves did a good job and I like the general feeling I had after watching it. Vague, I know. But I think it's work Netflixing. Again, I really liked the music.

27 Dresses - As if you didn't already know - this one was cheesy with a bad script. But, it was free on the movie and I had nothing better to do...

The Bucket List - I didn't have high expectations for this one but I do like Nicholson and Freeman so I had planned on giving it a shot and when it was available on the plane - why not? I was actually impressed. The plot was cute and there is more to the movie than just old guys doing crazy things. Definitely worth the time.

Juno - Everyone talked about this like it was the next Garden State so I went in with high expectations. I have to say I didn't get it. I mean the idea behind the plot is nice and the casting was good. I definitely liked the sound track and the leading lady (Ellen Page) was unique. The actual direction the movie went in didn't really make sense to me...I think if I hadn't expected so much I would have been more impressed.

Across the Universe - Wow. Talk about trippy! If you go into this knowing that it is just an excuse to re-do Beattles songs and that the script was written with the sole purpose of incorporating as many Beattles songs as possible - it's not half bad. It was very inventive and creative and the sound track was great. I think it's definitely something that everyone should 

Cloverfield - Really awesome concept. It could have been totally creepy and a great psychological thriller. Instead it was just a dumb teeny-boppper flick. Don't bother.


No comments: