Wednesday, February 11, 2009

See Rock City - we did

Chris and I had to drive my green car up to Cinicnnati and decided to make the best of it. We timed it so we stopped for the night in Chattanooga, TN. We enjoyed a great dinner at Rain Thai and then the next day went to Rock City.

You've likely heard of Rocky City but just don't realize it. They advertise on birdhouses and barns. I've been working again so I asked Chris to find something for us to do on our drive, a distraction, and he found Rock City. The history behind it is actually kind of neat.

You know I want to visit all 50 states, but not just pass through or even stay the night. I want to experience them. I'm convinced that every state has something interesting or memorable worth seeing - shoot there's whole websites dedicated to it. Rock City is a perfect example.


The gardens were pretty. The rock formations crazy. I'm pretty sure we didn't actually see all 7 states, but it's a nice idea. The fairytale land was just down right eerie.

Pictures are here.

No comments: