Tuesday, July 27, 2010

For the Love of Country

Can someone please explain to me why it costs $49.95 to download a pdf version of the "Greencard Information Guide" from the US Department of Immigration's website?


Seriously? $50 to view an online file about the process?

Don't even get me started on my recent discovery that someone living in the US illegally can apply for and be awarded welfare and have their child educated in our overcrowded, tax funded schools.
So someone who opts not to follow the rules and lives here illegally can take full advantage of our tax dollars in nearly every way. BUT someone who respects the rules can not count on tax dollars to fund a pdf to inform them of their options...no, they have to spend $50 to merely learn about the process.

It is times like these I wish that I had the mindset for politics...

No comments: