Sunday, January 15, 2012

Banana Goodness

Tonight we tried Banana "Ice Cream", a recipe from the Esselstyn cook book.

  • Take super ripe banana (we used 1.5 larger) and slice.
  • Place slices on wax paper and freeze.
  • Place frozen banana in a blender and blend.
  • Result is Banana "Ice Cream".


We were quite dubious, as I'm sure you can imagine. It was AMAZING! Creamy and sweet, almost too sweet for me. We at it with sliced strawberries and it was devine. The 1.5 bananas made just enough for us to split.

Next time I'll freeze some peaches as well and try adding other fruit flavors in. Apparently any fruit that is softer (peaches, berries, mango etc) can be mixed in to add flavor.

I highly recommend trying this. It's awkward to blend, you'll want to add milk or water or something, but just stick with it - it's well worth the effort.

2 comments:

MJ said...

I just saw that you are back to posting! So glad to see as I always enjoyed reading them.

ButterflySunshine said...

Aw - thanks for the encouragement!