Sunday, June 7, 2009

Prius Commercial

Now that we have a DVR I don't really watch many commercials, but one was so intriguing, even when fast forwarding over it, that I actually went back to watch it. I have to say this is one of my all time favorite commercials, it even beats out the baby who talk about trading stocks. The beauty of it is that it's beautiful, has a great message and that the two actually intertwine so much that you remember it.



I was so intrigued that I went on a quest to find out how the commercial was made and I found allaboutprius.com which had a link to this which I think is worth watching:



So, forgive me if I seem like an over-excited tool of a consumer, but I want to go test drive a Prius now :)

5 comments:

... said...

i love these commercials and i, too, went online to find out how they were made and that's how i came across your post. thank you for posting the videos. i forwarded on the one to my son who kept telling me it was 100% computer generated. i was so happy to see real people being used.

Anonymous said...

thank you, thank you, thank you! these commercials are so compelling. I also thought that they had to be computer-generated. what a delight to find this site and find out that they are not! i smile every time i see one!

msvic said...

I go out of my way to record non-cable shows so I can fast forward
through commercials. This wonderful bit of fluff is so cheerful I actually replayed it. Yay for the commercial, HOWEVER....BUY AMERICAN, PLEASE.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Prius "Harmony" commercials. I teach advertising copywriting at a state university and plan to use these spots in the fall semester. They're great examples of creativity with an important bonus: they provide a BENEFIT to the customer.

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is a totally cool commercial- I found your blog also looking for how it was made (yes, to settle a family argument)!

I also support the "buy American" phrase- but in today's economic situation, it's hard to tell what that means. My BIL works for Toyota in their Indiana plant-- while his OT has been eliminated, he - and all other plant workers- still have jobs.

So I'll happily buy a Toyota and encourage others to do the same, as that supports American Workers!

Thanks, Kristi