Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Baa-Ram-Ewe

My family and I watched the old kids movie, Babe, on New Year's Eve. We were marveling at how time flies - the movie was orignally released in 1995. Back then my family had an affinity for mice seeing as we had several for pets (left over from when we created a mouse far to feed our pet snake, but that's another story) so a movie with singing mice really struck a chord with us. Watching it again together wsa great, we all quoted it an sang along. My brother's girlfriend didn't really remember the movie and think after viewing it as an adult she's as big a fan as we are now.

One scene in particular really rang with Megan - the one where Farmer Hobbit winds up dancing and singing in order to make Babe feel better....

If I had words
To make a day for you
I'd sing you a morning
Golden and true
I would make this day
Last for all time
Then fill the night
Deep in moon shine

She even found the song on iTunes. Then I took it one step further and found a video on YouTube.



Classic!

No comments: