Monday, January 7, 2008

Filtered Water

I think this is a great idea.
It is a reusable portable waterbottle made by Brita that includes a replaceable filter. The filter is good for about 80 refills. This means that you can hit any cold waterfountain and have a bottle of cool great tasting water on the go. I think this would be especially good for the airport, take it in empty and fill up once through security and avoid paying $3 for a bottle of nasty airport brand water.
I'm curious if the water has to go through a filter to get into the bottle or if the filter is attached to the spout so that it's filtered on it's way to your mouth. I'm guessing the later.
I think the bottle is well priced at $7 on Amazon but I was surprised to find that the replacement filters go for $6, why not just buy a new bottle? Either way I figure I'll save plenty by using free water and it's a great way to help the environment so I plan to purchase one. I'll let you know how well it works for me.

No comments: