Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snow & Fire

I'm sitting in my hotel in Chicago. I've been here since Thurdsay night and will probably stay here until the middle of next week (paid for by the company). Since Chris is working all weekend there was no point in going home, plus a major cold front came through this weekend and I was nervous about driving back up Monday morning so I just stayed through the weekend.

This is by far the nicest hotel I've stayed in so far, each room is a bascially a studio apartment. I have a desk, pull out couch, king size bed, kitchenette stocked with dishes etc and a fireplace. Yep - a gas fireplace. It's awesome! :) I worked late Friday night but when I was done I curled up with a glass of red wine in front of my fireplace and watched the snow fall...

Aside from being a bit lonely and missing Chris things are going well. The project I'm managing is just winding up and already challenging which is exactly what I like. It's been a little odd seeing all of the people I used to work with, since I thought that I would likely never see them again, but nice. They've all been very warm and welcoming and some of my old relationships are already coming in handy. Definitly, positivly glad that I didn't burn any bridges when I left.

Aside from work stuff there isn't much going on. Of course that's largely due to the fact that the work stuff is consuming my life for the next few weeks. The nice thing is that we're going to take the money I earn and hopefully take several international trips over the next 6 months. We're hoping to go to Cancun with our Roman friend at the end of March, Greece for Chris's birthday in early May and maybe evn Cairo in June with our friend Dallas.

That's it from me for now. I'm going back to my fireplace :)

No comments: