Monday, February 16, 2009

Don't Divorce Them

I found this touching.



"Fidelity": Don't Divorce... from Courage Campaign on Vimeo.

I know what Mini Mama would say - America was founded on Biblical principals! (quoted fondly)But the way those men of God designed this country was to keep church and state seperate. To give people the freedom to think and feel as the want about religion. I truly struggle to understand how a rational person, no matter what their religious and personal beliefes, could justifying allowing the goverment to dictate what qualifies as love, marriage, family.

I know that same gender marriage in California has a shakey past, I know that there is a lot more going on here. But what it boils down to is 18,000 couples and their family, friends and children will have their lives turned up side down because of this. It just doesn't seem right. With everything else going on in this country right now, can't we just let this be and focus our efforts elsewhere?

If the video touches you too you can click here to sign the letter and find out other ways to help.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about this. Why is this wrong but a woman can be artifically inseminated with a gaggle of unborn children, not once but twice.

ButterflySunshine said...

Don't get me started on her!

Anonymous said...

I love you two very much