Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fringe

It was Fringe week!

I didn't see all of the shows I wanted to but I did manage to hit a few good ones.

Medicine by TJ Dawe - I've been a fan of TJ Dawe for years now, this wasn't my favorite of his shows but it was still skillfully delivered.

The Nashville Hurricane by Chase Padgett - Having never seen any of his shows before I went in without knowing what to expect. I was beyond impressed. Chase impressively executes a one man show where he plays the part of at least 6 different characters, shifting between them using only his speech patterns and mannerisms. His talent with a guitar was like nothing I'd ever seen.

Skill Focused Burlesque does Fringe - I went to see this with my girl friends, the night we went they were using a Gotham theme so the characters included The Penguin, the Riddler, Poison Ivy and others from the Batman world. It was awesome as stated in my last post. :)

The show I most wish I had been able to see was Still Alive, they are a group of folks ages 75 and up who sing covers of modern songs. I heard they had an 86 year old woman sing Beyonce's 'If you like it then you should have put a ring on it' complete with the dance! Luckily they are from a church downtown so hopefully I'll be able to find another performance of theirs to go to.




No comments: