Monday, August 25, 2008

Local Happenings

I've jumped right back into life here in Orlando.

I invited Mom to go see Mama Mia with me this Sunday. I kind of wanted to see the movie when I was in St. Louis last week but decided that it would be better to see with someone else. Mom started inviting others and it turned into a big girl-fest which was great! My cousin Mari even tagged along which was a treat since I don't ususally hang out with her unless there is a family event. The movie was actually much better than I thought it would be. It was basically one long music video but the did manage to fit the plot in there and the hole thing was so off the wall that it worked. The dancing and choreography were great and the singing was honest, which I liked. It was fun to see it with a group - especially when pretty much everyone was tearing up for the mother/daughter scenes ^_- however I definitely could have waited to rent it rather than spend the $10 theatre price.

Tonight I had my aunt over for dinner. That was a real treat. I can't tell you the last time we had a decent conversation. I usually see her at family events and we never really get to talk. I got to learn more about what she does for a living and what's going on in her life. She lives really close to me now, so I'm hoping that dinner can become a regular thing for us (at least when I'm in town).

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with an OOOOLLLLLD friend, like haven't seen him since HS old, then Dad is coming for dinner. See? Told you I was jumping back in. :)

No comments: