Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Vegetarian Adventure

Meg and I got together at my new place tonight to try some new Vegetarian dishes. We both prefer Vegetarian cuisine but neither of us really know anyone else to experiment with so it was a treat for us both.

After perusing my Vegetarian Times colllection we decided on Jamaican Curried Tempeh Tacos (only 4 WW points!) as our main course and then we make Glazed Chocolate-Avocado Cupcakes for desert (6 WW points, which isn't terrible for a sweet splurge).

Neither of us had tried Tempeh before so we were a little dubious but it was actually really good. Better than Tofu, good consistency. The lime juice was a little overpowering though. We decided that next time we might switch out the pineapple juice for coconut milk and serve it over rice...yum.

The cupcaks - oh my gosh - SO good! You would never know they had avocado instead of butter/eggs either. I was sad that I couldn't find the recipe over at the VegTimes website, but I did find it here, which was nice. It was also nice to seee someone else trying out new Veg recipes.

Anyhow - it was a nice night of catching up and digging in. I think those cupcakes will be made again soon too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I may try out those cupcakes : )... Mari