Sunday, February 10, 2008

Michigan - Check

Chris came to see me in Ann Arbor. He flew in on Wednesday evening, the same night that a big snow storm hit the area, he stayed with me for a couple of days and then rode with me back down to Cincinnati on Friday.

Even though I've been hanging out in Michigan for business reasons I hadn't had the time to do anything fun or interesting that would allow me to cross Michigan off of my Bucket List so Chris set out tohelp me accomplish this.

We had a great dinner at a nice Italian place, Palio's, downtown on Thursday night. You can read our review of them here.

Then on Friday we explored the town of Chelsea which is about 20 minutes away from downtown Ann Arbor. Even though it was snowing the town was quaint and friendly. We stopped at the Chelsea Teddy Bear Co and bought a stuffed alligator that Chris dubbed Burt (more to come on him later). Then based on the store employee's suggestion we went to the Common Grill for lunch (review).

After our tasty lunch we wandered the streets a bit browsing the Chelsea Market after we saw this sign outside. Then we spent some time in the Mission Marketplace which had a really eclectic collection of goods. I took pictures of some great funky earrings and purchased a pair for myself made out of coconut and aluminum. We popped into Zou Zou's for some caffiene (review) before hitting the road.

Before we got on the highway though we drove through some of the back roads that I've been driving to get to the office I'm working out of. There are some crazy oddities that I wanted to share - such as the Smiley Face Snow Bearded Santa Satellite shown here. By the way, I do plan to find out somehow if the Santa hat stays year round...

You can see all of our pictures here.

2 comments:

Mini Mama said...

Wow, what a fun little trip. I love that you discovered where Jiffy Cornbread is born!

Outlaw #1 said...

Santa Claus Satellite Dish came out well. Have a Nice Day:-)